Me Luna Sport
Dimensions: greatest diameter 44mm, length 51mm without grip.
Volume: 34ml to the brim, 24ml to the holes.
Included in delivery: 1 Me Luna® menstrual cup, 1 Me Luna® microfiber bag.
Size L is commonly used:
- by more mature women, over 30 years of age
- by women who mainly use larger tampons
- by women who often have heavier periods
- by women who have had children
- by women who use large tampons and have to change them frequently
- by women with weakened pelvic floor muscles
This size is rarely used:
- by very young women
- by women who have not had children
- by women who only use small or regular tampons
- by women who almost only ever have lighter periods
This size may be unsuitable:
- if you are still a virgin
- if your cervix lies very low during menstruation
- if you only use the smallest size tampons
- if you have a prolapsed uterus
The Sport degree of softness is a slightly harder menstrual cup. This menstrual cup offers a higher degree of tension. When you press it together, you can feel the force with which it springs back. This high tension means that it can unfold perfectly, even against the pressure of the surrounding muscles, and will therefore maintain a seal even during physical exertion. Very few women find Me Luna® Sport to be uncomfortable during insertion, and this is usually just during their first few uses when they are still inexperienced. Many customers get on very well with the harder material as the cup unfolds perfectly and repositioning is not usually necessary. Using the Me Luna® Sport saves time above all else. Thanks to the excellent positioning of this menstrual cup, many women have far fewer problems with the cup leaking.
Who is Me Luna® Sport suitable for?
Me Luna® Sport was initially developed specifically for women with especially strong pelvic floor muscles and who are physically active. But this cup also offers clear benefits for women who are not into sport.
We recommend Me Luna® Sport:
– for women whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles. Some sports and exercises have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. These include, in particular: yoga, horse riding, pilates, weight training, kegel exercises, pole dancing. If you practise any of the exercises and sports listed above, then you should definitely choose Me Luna® Sport.
– for women who are slim, of normal physical fitness, under 25 and have not given birth. You can generally assume that your pelvic floor muscles are still in tip-top shape!
– for any woman with normal muscle tone who likes a menstrual cup to unfold easily and quickly.
What is Me Luna® made of?
The Me Luna® is made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer). However, this is not just any TPE – it is a specially produced TPE, where the production is very strictly monitored. This TPE has been approved for the manufacture of medical products and devices. (“TPE” is the generic term for a type of thermoplastic, where by applying heat to the processed elastomers they become flexible.)
In the production of colored Me Luna´s®, the colorless TPE granules are mixed with a tiny amount of color (2-4%). These colors are not used in the medical field, but are approved for food.
A medical approval for colors is very difficult and expensive, because so far no one wants to make catheters or syringes in bright colours!