Dimensions: greatest diameter 44mm, length 51mm without grip.
Volume: 34ml to the brim, 24ml to the holes.
Included in delivery: 1 Me Luna® menstrual cup, 1 Me Luna® microfiber bag.
Me Luna® Classic is our best-selling menstrual cup. It is therefore available in a large range of colours. The Classic degree of softness is medium-soft and suitable for most women. Me Luna® Classic is pleasantly soft, but still firm enough to ensure that your menstrual cup can unfold after it is inserted. 97% of our customers find Me Luna® Classic to be comfortable and not too hard. The Me Luna® Classic is too soft for some women. For women with well-toned pelvic floor muscles, the unfolding of the cup is a bit laborious and can take some time.
Size L is commonly used:
- by more mature women, over 30 years of age
- by women who mainly use larger tampons
- by women who often have heavier periods
- by women who have had children
- by women who use large tampons and have to change them frequently
- by women with weakened pelvic floor muscles
This size is rarely used:
- by very young women
- by women who have not had children
- by women who only use small or regular tampons
- by women who almost only ever have lighter periods
This size may be unsuitable:
- if you are still a virgin
- if your cervix lies very low during menstruation
- if you only use the smallest size tampons
- if you have a prolapsed uterus
What is Me Luna® made of?
The Me Luna® is made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer). However, this is not just any TPE – it is a specially produced TPE, where the production is very strictly monitored. This TPE has been approved for the manufacture of medical products and devices. (“TPE” is the generic term for a type of thermoplastic, where by applying heat to the processed elastomers they become flexible.)
In the production of colored Me Luna´s®, the colorless TPE granules are mixed with a tiny amount of color (2-4%). These colors are not used in the medical field, but are approved for food.
A medical approval for colors is very difficult and expensive, because so far no one wants to make catheters or syringes in bright colours!